Country Representative Program
In January 2019, GAATES, the Global Alliance for Accessible Technologies and Environments, and G3ict, the Global Initiative for Inclusive ICTs, announced a definitive agreement under which GAATES chose to redeploy its programming under the Smart Cities for All global initiative and IAAP, a division of G3ict focused on networking, education, and certification for accessibility professionals.
In redeploying the Country Representative program under Smart Cities for All, this global initiative benefits from a network of international country representatives with extensive experience in their regions. These Country Representatives collaborate with local and national governments, civil society, and private sector stakeholders in making global cities more inclusive in the context of the UN SDGs (#11), the UN Habitat III New Urban Agenda, and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD).
The Country Representatives bring to their countries the global work of Smart Cities for All, a broad understanding of accessibility and universal design for technologies and environments, the UN CRPD, and the perspectives of a variety of disabilities.
Meet our Country Representatives
Apply to be a GAATES Country Representative
The Global Alliance on Accessible Technologies and Environments (GAATES) is seeking Country Representatives to promote the goals and objectives of GAATES in countries around the world.
Country Representative are responsible to:
- Represent GAATES at local, national, and international accessibility meetings, events, conferences, and/or seminars to promoting the GAATES mission, the implementation of the UN Convention of Rights of Persons with Disabilities, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Provide quarterly communication of activities carried out on behalf of GAATES, international accessibility news of interest, and upcoming events.
- Work with GAATES to identify and collaborate on project initiatives
- Strictly follow the GAATES Code of Ethics
- Mentoring opportunities.
- Opportunities for collaboration and networking amongst other Country Representatives and global peers.
- Opportunities to attend the UN Conference of State Parties to the CRPD and other UN meetings as available through G3ict’s ECOSOC Status
- Reduced rates for GAATES related programming and events as available (eg GAATES International Certified Accessibility Consultant – Built Environment (ICAC-BE) Program; M-Enabling Conferences (Washington and Dusseldorf); Membership in IAAP, the International Association of Accessibility Professionals, and its professional development offerings such as webinars)
- Opportunities to showcase individual Country Representative activities and accomplishments on an international level
If you are interested in applying:
GAATES reviews new applications received on a monthly basis at regularly scheduled Program Committee meetings.
Please fill out and submit the Country Representative Application which can be accessed here.
Send your completed form to email@example.com