GAATES Country Representative Program
GAATES has a global membership and an active presence in 6 regions: the Asia-Pacific, Arab, North America, South America, European and African Regions. This international perspective enables GAATES to develop collaborative partnerships with a wide range of grass roots and professional stakeholders, NGOs/DPOs civil society organizations, professional associations, private sector organizations and individuals interested in the Global Development Agenda and Universal Design.
GAATES is working with a number of Country Representatives from around the world to promote the implementation and monitoring of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities; civil society contributions related to the Global Development Agenda Post 2015 and sustainable development of the built and virtual environments based on the principles of Universal Design. GAATES Country Representatives are volunteers who are committed to help achieve the mission and goals of GAATES in their country. They are critically important in:
Raising awareness about the importance of accessibility of the built, virtual, social and transportation environments; and
Engaging new members in their country to join and participate in the activities of GAATES.
Apply to be a GAATES Country Representative
The Global Alliance on Accessible Technologies and Environments (GAATES) is seeking Country Representatives to promote the goals and objectives of GAATES in countries around the world.
Country Representative are responsible to:
- Represent GAATES at local, national, and international accessibility meetings, events, conferences, and/or seminars to promoting the GAATES mission, the implementation of the UN Convention of Rights of Persons with Disabilities, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Provide quarter communication of activities carried out on behalf of GAATES, international accessibility news of interest, and upcoming events.
- Work with GAATES to identify and collaborate on project initiatives
- Strictly follow the GAATES Code of Ethics
- Mentoring opportunities.
- Opportunities for collaboration and networking amongst other Country Representatives and global peers.
- Opportunities to take part in the GAATES Education Fund.
- Reduced rates for GAATES related programming and events as available (eg GAATES International Certified Accessibility Consultant – Built Environment (ICAC-BE) Program)
- Opportunities to showcase individual Country Representative activities and accomplishments on an international level
If you are interested in applying:
GAATES reviews new applications received on a monthly basis at regularly scheduled Program Committee meetings.
Send your completed form to email@example.com